Fiala lectures widely and provides workshops on ethics and other topics.
To invite Fiala: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent lectures and workshops
- “Teaching Moral Conflict and Civil Discourse” Bonner Center Character and Civic Education Conference, April 5, 2019
- “Bioethics” Osher Lifelong Learning, April 2019
- “Pacifism as Normative Theory” at Association for Practical and Professional Ethic, Baltimore, MD, February/March 2019.
- “Ethics and Civic Education” at Fig Garden Women’s Club, February 2019
- “Crisis in Democracy and Solutions” Yosemite Democratic Club, February 2019
- “Civic Education and Education for Democracy” at Fresno Rotary, December 2018
- “Secularism and Religious Diversity” at California State University, Bakersfield, November 2018
- “Making Ethical Decisions” for Fresno High School International Baccalaureate Program, November 2018 (video)
- “Peace, Pluralism, Religion, and Secularism” at Parliament of the World’s Religions, Toronto, Canada, November 2018
- “The Global Ethic Applied to Refugees and Immigrants” at Parliament of the World’s Religions, Toronto, Canada, November 2018
- “Pacific Commerce and the Capitalist Peace” at Concerned Philosophers for Peace, Boulder, CO, October 2018
- “Peace as a Way of Life” Via de Cristo Christian Community, Scottsdale, AZ September 2018.
- “Peace and Medical Ethics” at Estrella Mountain College, Phoenix, AZ, September 2018.
- “Ethics and Economic Development” for California Association of Local Economic Development, October 2018
- “From Empathy to Justice and Back Again” at Unitarian Universalist Church of Fresno, July 2018
- “On Thinking Globally and Acting Locally:” at International Society for Universal Dialogue, Lima, Peru, July 2018
- “Ethics for Youth Leaders” at Rotary Youth Leadership Camp, Sequoia Lakes, CA, June 2018
- “Capitalism and Ethics” for Reedley Peace Center retreat, Saint Nicholas Ranch, Squaw Valley, CA, March 2018
- “The Philosophy of War and Peace” at Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, February-March 2018
- “Pacifism: For and Against” an Invited Symposium, 2018 American Philosophical Association Central Division, Chicago, February 2018.
- “Free Speech and the First Amendment” at Free Speech Forum, Fresno State University, October 2017
- “Political Violence in the Trump Era” at Fresno County Kennedy Club, September 2017
- “Character” at University High School Character and Honor Code Assembly October 2017
- “Wisdom and the Good Life” at Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, November-December 2017
- “Ethics is Good Business: Why Morality Matters and What to Do About It” at Institute for Tax Professionals, Indian Wells, CA, November 2017
- “Peace in the Trump Era” at SUNY Cortland, April 2017.
- “Seven Deadly Sins, Vainglory, and Humility” at Fresno Pacific University, March 2017
- “The Ethical State of the Union” Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, March 2017.
- “The Five Freedoms of the First Amendment” Symposium on the First Amendment, November 2016.
- “Philosophy, Democracy, and Utopia” Osher Lifelong Learning Institute October 2016
- “Whose God? Which Religion” at Centenary College of Louisiana, Forum, Shreveport Louisiana, February 2016
Fiala in Warsaw, July 2016
Contemporary Conflicts of Morals
Osher Lectures on Love